How To Deal With Audi Starting Troubles In Birmingham
Audi AG Aktiengesellschaft, otherwise known as Audi, is a great car made in Germany. Audis are really efficient and comfortable, bringing you the best of both worlds when it comes to saving money and enjoying luxury. These vehicles have been on the road for more than a century, serving drivers some of the best of German engineering. Although Audis can bring you great convenience and durability, they are also prone to starting troubles. You need to know what can cause these problems, the best way to avoid them, and what to do whenever you experience them.
Let’s take a look at the potential causes of starting troubles in your Audi.
Causes Of Audi Starting Troubles
- Weak battery: Whatever your Audi model may be, there may be situations where it cranks slowly or doesn’t crank at all. The first suspect is the car battery which may have become weak or totally drained, and a good next step is having your battery charge checked.
- Battery corrosion: Aside from a weak or drained battery, difficulty with starting can be due to corrosion of the battery terminals. This can reduce current flow or even sever the contact between the terminal head and the terminals themselves.
- Weak key fob battery: For those Audis using a key fob, a weak fob battery can lead to troubles with starting the vehicle.
- Starter motor problems: Your Audi may develop problems with the starter motor after a long period of use, and therefore, your car will not be able to start, and you will hear a clicking sound.
- Alternator problems: Alternators help to charge the battery while the car is running. Though rare, an alternator can become faulty, and a faulty alternator will cause your battery to drain very quickly, even if you have recently replaced it.
- Faulty fuel pump: The fuel pump helps to regulate the fuel entering into the injection system of the engine. A faulty fuel pump will cause the eventual breakdown of your Audi and in turn, will lead to difficulties starting the vehicle.
- Clogged fuel filter: The fuel filter understandably helps to prevent contaminants from entering the engine. Over time, dirt and particles will be caught on the mesh and clog the filter, reducing the pressure of the fuel as it passes through. Some contaminants will sometimes pass through and affect the engine, causing it not to start.
- Blown fuse: A blown fuse can prevent power from reaching the engine, specifically the starter.
- Problems with spark plugs: Sometimes, a spark plug may become defective, leading to troubles with starting the engine.
- Mechanical damage: As unusual as it may seem, damage to your Audi can be caused by rodents that crawl into the hood of the vehicle and chew on cables that are responsible for starting the car.
- Engine failure: Something we hope never to happen to our vehicle is engine failure. Engine failure generally means a whole lot of money and technical expertise. The best option will be to find an affordable and reliable automobile expert for your vehicle.
What to do When You Have Trouble Starting Your Audi
Deposits found on the terminals without actual damage can usually be cleaned off easily, and the battery returned to normal state, but when there is a crack on the terminals or a drained battery, a change or charge of the battery can be done by a professional. Beyond the battery, most problems encountered with starting require a call to an experienced auto repair mechanic.
Start your Audi with Franklin Automotive
Troubles starting your Audi can be difficult to determine the cause of. To avoid further problems, take your car to a reliable mechanic. At Franklin Automotive, we provide quality and affordable care to your Audi and totally eliminate starting troubles for you. We also provide brakes and A/C servicing and repairs, clutch repairs, check engine light maintenance, engine repairs, and lots more.
If you live within or around Hoover, Homewood, Vestavia, Mountain Brook, Pelham, Trussville, or Birmingham, AL, you know how expensive it is to take your car to the dealership for repairs. So call us now at (205) 969-2886 to book an appointment with us.